Haldia Floating Terminal Private Limited
We have commissioned Floating Jetty under Licence Agreement with Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT) to handle Barges / Mini Bulk Carrier. The barges / Mini Bulk Carrier will not have to enter the port confines through the lock gate. This is allowing faster turnaround operations, as discharge at this jetty can directly commence without sequencing Barges with Vessel through lock gate. It has a capacity of 2.5 MT PA.
- Ripley Group and Bothra group as JV is concessionaire to Kolkata Port Trust and has formed Haldia Floating Terminal Pvt Ltd at Haldia Dock complex – First of its kind floating river project in India.
- The terminal is a riverine Jetty located outside the Haldia Lock Gate for direct approach by barge/ mini bulk carriers.
- Minimum depth of water available at HFTPL is 8 mts.
- Commercial Operation: To commence from March 2018, for a period of 15 years on BOOST basis.
- Activity: Unloading from barges / mini bulk carriers up to 10,000 DWT size by Conveyor system.
- HFTPL Cargo throughput capacity: 4.0 MMTPA.